Wednesday, April 25, 2012

week10

1. I'm feeling like I can't get enough sources for this project.  all i can really talk about is what i think of the music other than the history behind the genre and the composer.  There are many different songs that have the title "O Magnum Mysterium" but all of the sources i find are about other composers' works.  I feel i may have made a mistake choosing this topic to write on, but I've already put this time into it and it's stressing me out.  I think that my piece of music is still beautiful and it is still inspiring to listen to, but i feel there's not much I can talk about.  I don't even know what I want to prove in my paper.  I'm just trying to find out all I can before the rough draft is due.

2. I don't even have a thesis statement to find holes in.  I feel I'm pretty unprepared for this paper due to lack of sources with enough information or analysis on my piece.  I'm honestly just trying to make this paper happen, and it doesn't seem to be going too well.  If I could find sources that help me other than a biography of the composer and descriptions of my piece from the textbook, I feel i could write a semi decent paper which would be long enough.  I feel that I should have picked a piece with a less common name, and a composer that may have had a greater impact on the musical genre of which he was proficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment